Tips & Ideas for a Bali Couple Photoshoot
What does a professional photographer do when they’re in need of some great photos of themselves and their spouse or partner? They call up another fantastic photographer, of course! That’s exactly what this lovely couple did when they traveled to Bali for a pre wedding photoshoot for another couple. They knew just how beautiful and romantic Bali is and couldn’t resist getting some photos of their own. Luckily, we knew just how to meet their high professional standards. Whether you’re newlyweds, long-time partners, or newly in love and on the trip of a lifetime, your photos can be just as gorgeous as those that we took for this happy photographer couple. Read on for some of our tips and ideas to have an epic photoshoot on your next trip.
- 1 Things to know about Bali
- 2 4 Tips for a Bali Couple Photoshoot
Things to know about Bali
If you see a jaw-dropping photo of a private villa’s infinity pool over a remote jungle and someone doing a yoga pose – it’s probably Bali. Bali is no longer a best kept secret. Couples and solo travelers have been flocking to the destination for yoga retreats, meditation, spas, adventure, and more. While you may have heard that Bali has lost it’s essence, we’re here to let you know it still has the magic, and can easily be your dream destination.
Best beaches in Bali
- Seminyak Beach – heart of Bali’s oceanfront action
- Echo Beach – best for people watching, surfing, and chic beach bars
- Thomas Beach – best for secluded beach walks & sunbathing
- Amed Beach – best for diving & snorkeling
- Bingin Beach – best for boho vibes
Best places to stay in Bali
- Ubud – Balinese life is based on spirituality, and the art of gratitude. Both are believed to purify and reconnect us to the divine energy within. Simply being present in a culture and place that values these energies will revive you and bring you so much inner peace after all your wedding celebrations. Imagine mornings doing yoga together overlooking the rice terraces, eating a delicious healthy breakfast, and relaxing after your adventures to waterfalls by getting another massage. You will never want to leave!
- Uluwatu – Cliffside resorts that are nothing less than 5 star, incredible beach coves that are nice enough to surf, and sunsets to die for, Uluwatu could just be our favorite honeymoon spot in Bali. Uluwatu is a popular day trip to visit for stunning beaches, clifftop scenery and Uluwatu temple.
- Gili Islands + Lombok – If you’re the type of couple that dreams of spending all day in the water swimming and snorkeling, exploring on all the little beaches of an island by foot or bike, staying away from any major city amenities, then Gili Islands are for you. This spot is perfect for couples who want to get away from tourists, and want to simply appreciate the nature that surrounds them without too many fancy extras.
Best time to visit
Bali is a great year-round destination, but if we had to pick, we would choose April to October when there is little rain, low humidity, & lots of sun.
Best photo spots in Bali
- Tegalalang Rice Terraces – best for breathtaking landscape
- Ubud – best all-around (art markets, lush rainforest, and historic temples)
- Tegenungan Waterfall – best for adventure photos
- Monkey Forest – best for photos with mischievous monkeys
Best place to propose in Bali
Popping the question while in Bali? Think about hiring a proposal photographer to capture every moment of it! Check out the best proposal spots we have captured over the years:
- Sunset at Melasti Beach, Ungasan
- Pandawa beach
- Under the Tegenungan Waterfall
How much does a Bali photo shoot cost?
High-resolution photos are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. Choose between 4 different photo packages:
- 30 minutes – Includes 15 digital photos
- 1 hour – Includes 30 digital photos
- 90 minutes – Includes 45 digital photos
- 2 hours – Includes 60 digital photos
4 Tips for a Bali Couple Photoshoot
If you’re not comfortable in your photos, it shows. Make sure you’re ultra-comfy when you show up for your romantic photoshoot…but that also doesn’t mean to show up your pajamas! Wear something that you like, that makes you feel confident, but also is suitable for the amount of walking you’ll be doing and the weather. Bali in particular can be hot with high humidity, so wear light and breathable fabrics.
Be authentically you during your romantic photoshoot. It’s a good idea to talk to your vacation photographer ahead of time, to discuss the purpose of your photos (guys, is this maybe an engagement photo idea?), any particular parts of Bali you want to include and your likes and dislikes. Your photographer will then be able to tailor the photo session to fit your needs.
Don’t Overthink Things
Some people hop in front of the camera and immediately start to stress out. Just relax and have a good time. Don’t overthink things and, most importantly, have fun with it. You’re in an awesome new destination, you’re with your favorite person and our local photographers really do their best to make sure you’re having a good time. If you feel like you’re getting a little overwhelmed, just take a brief breath, shake it off and smile.
Trust Your Photographer
Your Bali photographer knows what they’re doing! Let them lead the way and if they give you a little silly direction, trust them. They know exactly how to get all the right shots and angles to ensure you and your partner look your best. The result? Beautiful Bali couples photos that you’ll cherish for a lifetime.
Captured by Toyoda, your Local Lens in Bali