Your secret engagement is a story you will never tire of telling. Capture the moment that you’ll look back on for years and years by hiring a surprise proposal photographer.
As seen in:
Should you hire a surprise proposal photographer?
In case you are still on the fence, here are the top 3 reasons to hire a secret engagement photographer for your vacation proposal.
- More than 1,000 women were surveyed about their dream proposal. It turns out that capturing the moment with a photoshoot ranked higher than selecting the perfect ring, proving once again experiences make us happier than possessions.
- The professional photos from your wedding proposal photographer will be perfect for save the date cards, wedding website, and social media posts!
- Adrenaline starts to rush the moment you reach for that ring, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with emotions… so much so, that some people can’t even remember their surprise engagement moment. Hiring a secret engagement photographer for your proposal will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Get Help Planning The Big Moment
Get the best engagement photos by having the secret proposal photographer hide nearby at a comfortable distance. They will capture your big moment candidly to keep the surprise!
If you are proposing in a city you are not familiar with, your local photographer will know all the best spots. We’ll be able to suggest a few places for you to pop the question, the best time to go for crowds and lighting, and where the proposal photographer can secretly hide out while they wait for your arrival. You can even discuss a secret signal so that the photographer knows exactly when to start snapping the surprise.
Capture The Post-Proposal Glow
Post-proposal glow is a thing. After you pop the question, you can reveal that you had a photographer capturing the entire proposal. You and your fiancee will be extremely happy and excited, so it’s the perfect time to capture engagement photos.
The post-engagement photoshoot often lasts around 1 hour or longer and while it might seem fairly short, it can still give your photographer the opportunity to capture the post-proposal glow. You can even take advantage of the opportunity and get photos taken at a few nearby spots.
Our Latest Engagement Photoshoots
How much does a surprise proposal photographer cost?
Prices vary by city, ensuring you the best rates. Choose between 3 different packages that range from 60 minutes up to 2 hours. All Local Lens photographers are professionals that were handpicked for quality, style, and skill. High-resolution photos are retouched and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. There are no separate fees for marriage proposals, but we do require a 1 hour minimum. See pricing for your destination here.
What is a secret engagement photographer?
The moment only lasts a few seconds. Have a surprise proposal photographer capture that priceless reaction forever with beautiful photos your fiancée will love! Your secret engagement photographer knows all the best photo spots, when the best lighting will be, and how to beat the crowds to perfectly capture the magical moment.
How to find a proposal photographer near me?
We know how to keep it all a secret. Request your dates, compare portfolios, and book your favorite photographer. Choose your proposal spot and the photographer will find a spot to stay hidden and capture the moment, paparazzi-style. Afterwards, your secret proposal photographer will introduce themselves and you both can enjoy a fun photoshoot to capture the post-engagement glow. These photos will be perfect for your official engagement announcement, wedding website, save-the-date cards, and wedding invitations!
How will I receive my photos?
All photos are professionally edited and delivered in a free online private gallery where you can download your favorite photos in high-resolution jpg format. Additional files and high-quality prints from our professional partner labs are also available for purchase. You will receive an email with your gallery link within five business days, but usually sooner.
What is your refund and rescheduling policy?
Our Peace of Mind policy offers free cancellations up to 72 hours for your secret proposal photographer:
- Reservations may be cancelled up to 72 hours prior to the shoot date for a full refund
- Shoot reservations cancelled less than 72 hours prior to the shoot: 50% refund.
- We will attempt to accommodate any rescheduling requests, but we cannot guarantee we will be able to do so. Last minute changes are also not guaranteed. Shoot time missed due to late arrivals may be forfeited, and the number of photos delivered can be adjusted to reflect the actual time spent together.
- All sales are final and there is no refund for cancelled shoots within 24 hours of the shoot or ‘no-shows’.
- In the case of bad weather, exploring the city under the rain can be very exciting, and it will make for great photos (trust us!). If the weather is too unbearable, you can coordinate with your photographer to re-schedule or we will issue a full refund at our discretion.
How far in advance should I hire my proposal photographer?
A surprise proposal photoshoot requires more detailed planning, so the earlier the better! To ensure you get your preferred date, time, and engagement photographer, we recommend booking at least 1-2 weeks in advance.