We asked one of our amazing Paris photographers some questions so you can get to know him, and for some insider tips on where to eat and where to go in Paris! Read below and book photos for your Paris trip here
How would you describe your photographic style?
My style is more into fashion since it’s 60% of what I am shooting, though I tend to adjust depending on the situation.
How long have you been a photographer in your city?
I had a camera in my hand since 2008 and I’ve been doing professional photography in Paris since 2013.
When was the moment you knew you wanted to be a photographer?
A few years before moving to France back in Manila. One of my hiking buddies was a very good amateur nature photographer. Every time I see his photos It inspires me more and more to be a photographer.
What are your favorite photo spots in your city?
I have a lot but I will give you my “Top 5”:
1. Alexander the 3rd Bridge – Very romantic specially during the golden hours.
2. Tuileries Garden – The Louver museum provides a perfect backdrop to any couple posing in that garden plus there’s a lot of nice romantic spots there.
3. The Louvre Museum – Very romantic, very French and a lot of very nice romantic places.
4. Streets of Montmartre – Very romantic, very French that it makes you feel like you’re travelling back in time.
5. Ile de St. Louis – Just like Montmartre this are make’s me feel like I’m travelling back in time (with accordion playing in the background)
What attractions or places are must-do’s in your city?
Botanical garden behind Chateau de Vincennes
The boat ride around the Seine river
Do you have any recommendations for great local restaurants, pubs, or cafes?
I do not have a specific favorite French resto but when I need one I always use the App Le Fourchette. It’s very reliable. I avoid all restos in the tourist areas.
Coffee shop, La Caféothèque near Metro Pont Marie and for the pub I go for the pubs around Metro Odeon or the ones at rue Tholozé in Montmartre.
What advice would you give clients to prepare for a perfect vacation photoshoot with you?
My advice is to talk to the photographer at least a week in advance so he can explain and answer questions.
Any other funny photoshoot stories, anecdotes, or comments that you would like to add?
Paris is a very romantic city, in general no matter where you are here is a perfect place to have a your photos taken you just have to chose the right photographer. 😉