Dubai Proposal Ideas: Best Places for an Epic Engagement
Dubai is a popular place to propose – we help capture multiple engagements here per week! Coming up with great Dubai proposal ideas and planning the details may feel like a challenge… there are just so many beautiful places to choose from! But don’t let all the details overwhelm you. The most important thing is that your proposal reflects you both as a couple, no matter how casual or grandeur it is.
Whether your style is uber-romantic, unique and eccentric, or private and intimate, we have some great suggestions to help you pick the perfect (and most photogenic!) proposal spot. Below we list some of our favorite marriage proposal ideas, the best places to propose in Dubai, as well as our tips on hiring a proposal photographer to capture it all.
- Dubai Proposal Ideas
- Best Places to Propose in Dubai
- How to Hire a Dubai Proposal Photographer
Dubai Proposal Ideas
We’ve helped so many couples just like you plan and capture this momentous occasion, so we’d like to think we have learned a thing or two along the way. Allow us to give you some pointers.
Your proposal moment is not the best time to wing it. You want your future fiance to feel like some serious thought went into it – it’s a big deal! You have probably already been stressing about the big moment, but take a deep breath and start with our 4 tips to pulling off the perfect Dubai proposal:
- Choose a special location. Our favorite places to propose in Dubai are listed below! You have probably already daydreamed about the big moment, and it’s important to imagine the type of proposal you want to have – romantic, intimate, adventurous, unique, or casual. Most importantly, your proposal should reflect you both as a couple. Once you have your proposal vibe in mind, you can start thinking about locations.
- Ensuring that your proposal remains a complete surprise is all about having a solid backstory. If you are going somewhere you wouldn’t normally go, make sure you have a story in place to explain why you are going there.
- Consider hiring a secret proposal photographer to snap professional photos of the special moment. Tell your photographer all your proposal ideas and goals, and they can help you plan the location, where to stand, and the ideal time for the best photos. On the big day, your photographer can be ready at the designated spot to capture the moment, paparazzi-style. If your partner has no idea that the proposal is coming, you’ll capture all the joy, the tears, and most importantly, the yes!
- Practice getting down on one knee beforehand and think about what you will say. You don’t need to have your speech memorized, but spend a little time jotting down what you’d like to say. Stick to an idea, not a script. Of course, don’t forget to finish with: Will you marry me?
Best Places to Propose in Dubai
Choosing a gorgeous destination is a great way to start, so you are already on the right track! We see a lot of engagements every week and know the best places to propose in Dubai. Check out our list below to start getting some Dubai proposal ideas.
Burj Khalifa Proposal
The riverwalk is one of our favorite spots for a Burj Khalifa proposal. It is a beautiful place to spend a romantic evening, and even more for a surprise wedding proposal! Click below to see how our proposal photographer, Kathir, recently captured a Dubai proposal there!
Palace Downtown is one of the most beautiful hotels in Dubai and it offers an amazing view over the Burj Khalifa for an iconic Dubai proposal. You can visit the pool area outside the hotel even if you are not a hotel guest. The area offers great views of the fountain and the Burj Khalifa.
This contemporary interpretation of a traditional Arab village is the largest resort in the Emirate. It spreads across over 40 hectares of landscapes and gardens, so there are tons of beautiful Dubai proposal spots to choose from! Piers Chic may be the most picturesque place to propose inside this Dubai resort.
Dubai Beach Proposal
Jumeirah Beach is beautiful, and you get an amazing view of the Burj al Arab, a true icon of Dubai and one of the most luxurious hotels in the world. This is one of the best Dubai wedding proposal spots in the city! Make sure to check out Kite beach as well.
Sunset Beach is also a great spot for a Dubai beach proposal. As the name suggests, the golden hour here is magical. Plus, the sail-shaped Burj Al Arab is in the background!
Burj Park by Emaar
If you want a Dubai proposal idea with the full Burj Khalifa in the background, you need to visit the Burj Park by Emaar! The whole park is beautiful and offers amazing views.
No visit to this city is complete without visiting the desert. Not only you will have an exciting day touring the sand dunes, but you will also have an amazing opportunity to pop the question! The red sand and towering dunes make the desert a unique place to propose in Dubai.
Al Bastakiya Historical District
Wander through the narrow backstreets and quiet courtyards of this 19th-century neighborhood.
Other Great Places to Propose in Dubai
- Al Seef: One of the top attractions in town, this waterfront promenade is great for strolling along the creek.
- Dubai Creek Harbour: Visit Dubai Creek Harbour for an insanely beautiful view of the Dubai skyline from the riverside.
- Marina yacht club
- Al serkal Avenue
- Blue waters
- Box park, Dubai canal
- Creek Harbor
Private Places to Propose in Dubai
Maybe you are looking for more intimate Dubai engagement ideas? Or you may prefer something simple yet creative? Finding a proposal spot in Dubai that is private, quiet, and intimate can be challenging, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Private picnic in a quiet area of a park.
- Cater a private dinner and celebration at a luxury Airbnb.
- Rent a scooter, motorcycle, or maybe even a boat to cruise around until you find the perfect engagement spot.
- Book a private table at your restaurant of choice and get help from the staff to pull it off.
How to Hire a Dubai Proposal Photographer
The moment you reach for the ring, adrenaline and emotions start to kick in and you might not even remember the moment! Hiring a secret Dubai proposal photographer for your surprise engagement will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling, so it definitely deserves better than selfies! Capture it with Dubai proposal photography that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How does a proposal photoshoot work?
Before choosing a photographer, we recommend having some Dubai proposal ideas in mind first! There are two ways a proposal photoshoot usually happens:
- Hire the photographer for a “normal” photoshoot with your partner, but let the photographer in on your secret proposal plan! This is the best way to ensure the photographer captures the moment perfectly, usually at a closer distance and better positioned.
- The photographer can be waiting at the designated spot to secretly capture the moment, paparazzi-style. After the big moment, the photographer can introduce themselves and proceed to capture that post-engagement glow.
After your photo shoot is booked, you will be able to plan and coordinate with your photographer directly.
What’s included in a Dubai proposal package?
With every proposal photography package, you’ll get high-resolution engagement photos that are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. In your gallery, you will be able to see all the photos from your proposal photoshoot and get to download a certain number of your favorites, depending on your package. It also includes:
- one-on-one planning with your proposal photographer
- photos of the big moment and post-engagement
- private online gallery
- high-resolution photos that are professionally edited
- photos delivered within 5 days
How much does a Dubai proposal photographer cost?
We have photographers on our team that specialize in capturing proposals and engagement photoshoots. Check out our list of the best Dubai proposal photographers to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.
Below are our 3 different Dubai proposal packages & pricing: