Pulling Off the Ultimate Surprise Proposal in Amsterdam
How does one get ideas and plan for the perfect marriage proposal while on vacation in Amsterdam? Choosing a gorgeous destination is an almost certain step towards success, so you are already on the right track!
- 1 Best Places to Propose in Amsterdam
- 2 Marriage Proposal Ideas in Amsterdam
- 3 Should I hire a photographer for my proposal in Amsterdam?
- 4 Latest Amsterdam Proposal Stories
Best Places to Propose in Amsterdam
Planning to surprise your SO with an engagement that will guarantee that she will say yes to marriage? Are you looking for something romantic & unique? A surprise vacation proposal is always a good idea! Maybe you would prefer something simple yet creative? Or are you looking for a more private & memorable engagement? Choosing the setting and the best spot to propose is step #1 for any plan. Check out all our favorite Amsterdam proposal locations:
- Memorable proposal idea: Bloemgracht Bridge over the Flower Canal. This bridge is in the Jordaan neighborhood which is full of boutique shops, art galleries, and coffee stands.
- Unique proposal idea: Bollenstreek (the Bulb Region). There is more than 30 km of colorful flowers, which make for amazing photos!
- Creative proposal idea: Vondelpark. This is the largest park in town which has a few lakes, streams, and walking paths which means there are tons of opportunities to pop the question!
- Private proposal idea: Begijnhof Courtyard. If you are looking for a quiet yet beautiful spot, this is it. You will feel like you are in a fairy tale!
- Romantic proposal idea: Groenburgwal bridge, overlooking the Zuiderkerk. This is a picture-perfect location over on top of an 18th-century stone bridge has to be the most romantic place to propose in town.
Marriage Proposal Ideas in Amsterdam
You have probably already day-dreaming about the big moment, so get a block of paper and start brainstorming any proposal ideas that come to mind. The first thing that you have to do is create the perfect scenario that you can turn into a reality while on vacation in Amsterdam. Also, it’s good to write down what you think you should say and how you want the engagement to look. After sitting down and jotting down your ideas, go through the list, and circle your top 3 ideas.
Try to fine-tune the ideas and reach out to anyone that may be able to help you with each specific plan; e.g. the restaurant manager, a group of musicians, or a local florist. With your top 3 ideas in mind, you’ll easily be able to narrow it down to your favorite after doing this last bit of research. Then all that is left is to pull it off to have a surprise that your spouse will remember for the rest of their life.
Should I hire a photographer for my proposal in Amsterdam?
Adrenaline starts to rush the second you reach for the ring, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with emotions… so much so, that some people can’t even remember their engagement moment. Hiring a Amsterdam photographer for your surprise proposal will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling. Capture it with a secret engagement photoshoot that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How much does a proposal photographer cost?
High-resolution engagement photos are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. Choose between 3 different photo packages:
- 1 hour – Includes 30 digital photos – $275
- 90 minutes – Includes 45 digital photos – $350
- 2 hours – Includes 60 digital photos – $450
How to prepare for the engagement photoshoot?
Choose your engagement spot and the photographer will find a spot to stay hidden and capture the moment, paparazzi-style. Afterward, your secret proposal photographer will introduce themselves and you both can enjoy a fun photoshoot to capture the post-engagement glow.
How to find a proposal photographer?
Local Lens has photographers in Amsterdam that specialize in engagement photo shoots. Check out our list of the 3 best Amsterdam proposal photographers to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.