Best Rooftop Proposal in New York City: THE EDGE
THE EDGE is the highest open-air sky deck in the Western Hemisphere and gives visitors an unobstructed view of Manhattan from the Hudson Yards. If you are looking for an NYC rooftop proposal spot with a great view of New York Coty, The Edge is an epic place for a surprise engagement. It can get a bit crowded on the weekends, and be sure to check sunset times before buying your tickets. Lighting is the best right before or right after sunset when the light is soft.
- Hours: 8am – 10pm (last elevator at 9:10pm)
- Tickets start at $36 per adult. If you are a local NYC resident, you get a discount!
- See pricing for an NYC proposal photographer to capture it all.
Private NYC Rooftop Proposal Packages
Private proposal packages offer guests the exclusive opportunity of a completely private moment on Edge after hours or to celebrate with friends and family at Peak to make the moment an unforgettable one. Private proposal inquiries can be made here. Private proposals must be booked at least three weeks or more in advance and can accommodate up to 6 guests for private access. See proposal photography prices below:
How to Hire an NYC Proposal Photographer
The moment you reach for the ring, adrenaline and emotions start to kick in and you might not even remember the moment! Hiring a secret NYC proposal photographer for your surprise engagement will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling, so it definitely deserves better than selfies! Capture it with New York City proposal photography that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How does a proposal photoshoot work?
Before choosing a photographer, we recommend having some NYC proposal ideas in mind first! There are two ways a proposal photoshoot usually happens:
- Hire the photographer for a “normal” photoshoot with your partner, but let the photographer in on your secret proposal plan! This is the best way to ensure the photographer captures the moment perfectly, usually at a closer distance and better positioned.
- The photographer can be waiting at the designated spot to secretly capture the moment, paparazzi-style. You will want to make sure that you are positioned in a way that the photographer captures your partner’s face and their reaction. After the big moment, the photographer will introduce themselves and you can enjoy an engagement shoot after to capture that post-engagement glow.
After your photo shoot is booked, you will be able to plan and coordinate with your photographer directly.
What’s included in an NYC proposal package?
With every engagement photography package, you’ll get high-resolution engagement photos that are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. In your gallery, you will be able to see all the photos from your proposal shoot and get to download a certain number of your favorites, depending on your package.
With each NYC proposal package you’ll receive:
- one-on-one planning with your photographer
- photos of the big moment and post-engagement
- private online gallery
- high-resolution photos that are professionally edited
- photos delivered within 5 days
How much does an NYC proposal photographer cost?
We have photographers on our team that specialize in proposal and engagement photoshoots. Check out our list of the best NYC proposal photographers to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.
Below are our 3 different New York City proposal packages & pricing: