Singapore Proposal Ideas: 9 BEST Places for an Engagement
Singapore is a popular place to propose – we help capture multiple engagements here per week! Coming up with great Singapore proposal ideas and planning the details may feel like a challenge… there are just so many beautiful places to choose from! But don’t let all the details overwhelm you. The most important thing is that your proposal reflects you both as a couple, no matter how casual or grandeur it is.
Whether your style is uber-romantic, unique and eccentric, or private and intimate, we have some great suggestions to help you pick the perfect (and most photogenic!) proposal spot. Below we list some of our favorite marriage proposal ideas, the best places to propose in Singapore, as well as our tips on hiring a proposal photographer to capture it all.
- Singapore Proposal Ideas
- Best Places to Propose in Singapore
- How to Hire a Singapore Proposal Photographer
Singapore Proposal Ideas
We’ve helped so many couples just like you plan and capture this momentous occasion, so we’d like to think we have learned a thing or two along the way. Allow us to give you some pointers.
Your proposal moment is not the best time to wing it. You want your future fiance to feel like some serious thought went into it – it’s a big deal! You have probably already been stressing about the big moment, but take a deep breath and start with our 4 tips to pulling off the perfect Singapore proposal:
- Choose a special location. Our favorite places to propose in Singapore are listed below! You have probably already daydreamed about the big moment, and it’s important to imagine the type of proposal you want to have – romantic, intimate, adventurous, unique, or casual. Most importantly, your proposal should reflect you both as a couple. Once you have your proposal vibe in mind, you can start thinking about locations.
- Ensuring that your proposal remains a complete surprise is all about having a solid backstory. If you are going somewhere you wouldn’t normally go, make sure you have a story in place to explain why you are going there.
- Consider hiring a secret proposal photographer to snap professional photos of the special moment. Tell your photographer all your proposal ideas and goals, and they can help you plan the location, where to stand, and the ideal time for the best photos. On the big day, your photographer can be ready at the designated spot to capture the moment, paparazzi-style. If your partner has no idea that the proposal is coming, you’ll capture all the joy, the tears, and most importantly, the yes!
- Practice getting down on one knee beforehand and think about what you will say. You don’t need to have your speech memorized, but spend a little time jotting down what you’d like to say. Stick to an idea, not a script. Of course, don’t forget to finish with: Will you marry me?
Best Places to Propose in Singapore
Choosing a gorgeous destination is a great way to start, so you are already on the right track! We see a lot of engagements every week and know the best places to propose in Singapore. Check out our list below to start getting some Singapore proposal ideas.
Gardens by the Bay
Gardens by the Bay is a huge park (over 100 hectares!) in the Central Region of Singapore. The nature park is right next to the Marina Reservoir, and our favorite places to propose here are near the South Garden, East Garden, or the Central Garden.
There is an exhibit inside called “Floral Fantasy” that is a totally airconditioned exhibit, which means that you two will not be sweaty and tired for the photos! Just a side note: it is a paid exhibit so you would have to cover the additional admission fees for a Singapore proposal photographer if you decide to hire one. It is also a bit small in size, so depending on the crowd you may run the risk of having other tourists spill into the photo.
The old Botanic Gardens is one of only three gardens in the world to be honored as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This should be reason enough to make it one of the best spots in town to propose.
The marina provides spectacular views of the waterfront and city skyline, which makes it perfect for a special occasion.
Tan Teng Niah
This colorful 2-story Chinese villa was built in 1900, and is a very popular photo spot.
Private Places to Propose in Singapore
Maybe you are looking for more intimate Singapore engagement ideas? Or you may prefer something simple yet creative? Finding a proposal spot in Singapore that is private, quiet, and intimate can be challenging, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Private picnic in a quiet area of a park.
- Cater a private dinner and celebration at a luxury Airbnb.
- Rent a scooter, motorcycle, or maybe even a boat to cruise around until you find the perfect engagement spot.
- Book a private table at your restaurant of choice and get help from the staff to pull it off.
- If you are looking for a more private setting, look no further than the Cable Car Sky Dining. Book your own private cabin and enjoy the magnificent views of Singapore.
How to Hire a Singapore Proposal Photographer
The moment you reach for the ring, adrenaline and emotions start to kick in and you might not even remember the moment! Hiring a secret Singapore proposal photographer for your surprise engagement will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling, so it definitely deserves better than selfies! Capture it with Singapore proposal photography that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How does a proposal photoshoot work?
Before choosing a photographer, we recommend having some Singapore proposal ideas in mind first! There are two ways a proposal photoshoot usually happens:
- Hire the photographer for a “normal” photoshoot with your partner, but let the photographer in on your secret proposal plan! This is the best way to ensure the photographer captures the moment perfectly, usually at a closer distance and better positioned.
- The photographer can be waiting at the designated spot to secretly capture the moment, paparazzi-style. After the big moment, the photographer can introduce themselves and proceed to capture that post-engagement glow.
After your photo shoot is booked, you will be able to plan and coordinate with your photographer directly.
What’s included in a Singapore proposal package?
With every proposal photography package, you’ll get high-resolution engagement photos that are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. In your gallery, you will be able to see all the photos from your proposal photoshoot and get to download a certain number of your favorites, depending on your package. It also includes:
- one-on-one planning with your proposal photographer
- photos of the big moment and post-engagement
- private online gallery
- high-resolution photos that are professionally edited
- photos delivered within 5 days
How much does a Singapore proposal photographer cost?
We have photographers on our team that specialize in capturing proposals and engagement photoshoots. Check out our list of the best Singapore proposal photographers to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.
Below are our 3 different Singapore proposal packages & pricing: