Hawaii Proposal Ideas: 7 Best Places for an Epic Engagement
There’s nothing quite like a Hawaii proposal… such a monumental question on one of the most beautiful places in the world. Over the past few years, we have helped capture the question for so many love birds. Therefore, we decided to put together a list of all the best places to propose in Hawaii!
If you are considering a surprise engagement and don’t know exactly where to propose in Hawaii, don’t miss all our favorite ideas which include romantic, unique, and private proposal spots to choose from. Also, if you are interested in hiring a Hawaii proposal photographer to capture the moment, we outline the best way to do that below.
Best Places to Propose in Hawaii
Planning to surprise your SO with an engagement that will guarantee that she will say yes to marriage? Are you looking for something romantic & unique? A surprise vacation proposal is always a good idea! Maybe you would prefer something simple yet creative? Or are you looking for a more private & memorable engagement? Choosing the setting and the best spot to propose is step #1 for any plan. Check out all our favorite Hawaii proposal locations:
- Memorable proposal idea – On a hike through Kalalau Trail
- Unique proposal idea – Horseback riding in Waipio Valley
- Creative proposal idea – By the Volcano on Big Island
- Private proposal idea – Kauai Helicopter Tour
- Romantic proposal idea – Maui Lavender Fields
- Maalaea is wonderful with how it is right in the middle of the island beside the ocean. This makes it great for seeing whales and it is convenient for venturing to other places on the island. However, the winds do pick up in the afternoon, which is why the harbor there is nicknamed “the wild side “.
- Wailea area or Lahaina are great Hawaii proposal spots.
See Real Hawaii Proposals We Have Planned & Captured
How to Propose in Hawaii
What kind of Hawaii proposal ideas have you come up with so far? Would you like to ask in a more public area? Do you want to pretend to be checking out a local beach you heard is gorgeous? Or do you want to pop the question around the island and drive to a scenic point? Below are our Hawaii proposal tips:
- Choose a special location. You have probably already daydreaming about the big moment, so get a block of paper and start brainstorming any Hawaii proposal ideas that come to mind.
- Book a proposal photographer to capture the moment candidly. On the big day, they will secretly be ready at the designated spot to capture the moment, paparazzi-style.
- Practice getting down on one knee beforehand and think about what you will say.
- Pull off your secret plan and pop the question! 🎉
Should I hire a Hawaii proposal photographer for my engagement?
Adrenaline starts to rush the second you reach for the ring, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with emotions… so much so, that some people can’t even remember their engagement moment. Hiring a Hawaii photographer for your surprise proposal will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling. Capture it with a secret engagement photoshoot that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How much does a Hawaii proposal photographer cost?
High-resolution engagement photos are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. Choose between 3 different photo packages:
- 1 hour – Includes 30 digital photos
- 90 minutes – Includes 45 digital photos
- 2 hours – Includes 60 digital photos
How to prepare for the engagement photoshoot?
Choose your engagement spot and the photographer will find a spot to stay hidden and capture the moment, paparazzi-style. Afterward, your secret proposal photographer will introduce themselves and you both can enjoy a fun photoshoot to capture the post-engagement glow.
How to find a Hawaii proposal photographer?
Local Lens has photographers in Hawaii that specialize in engagement photo shoots. Choose your destination to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability: