California Proposal Ideas: 5 Best Places to Propose for an Epic Engagement
How does one get ideas and pick the best places to propose in California? Choosing a gorgeous destination is an almost certain step towards success, so you are already on the right track! Here are all our favorite spots and some great California proposal ideas if you are planning to pop the question on your next trip.
- 1 Where to Propose in California
- 2 California Proposal Ideas
- 3 Should I hire a California proposal photographer for my engagement?
Where to Propose in California
There’s nothing quite like asking such a monumental question in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Over the past few years, we have helped capture the question for so many love birds. Therefore, we decided to put together a list of all the best places to propose in California.
If you are considering a surprise engagement and don’t know exactly where to propose in California, don’t miss all our favorite spots which include romantic, unique, and private places to propose in California.
Most Romantic Places to Propose
This continent is all about its history and architectural wonders. Here are the top romantic Europe proposal ideas we have captured in the past few years.
- Moorten Gardens: Adult entry costs $5 per person and there is a $25 photography fee on top of the entrance fees.
- Palm Springs Windmills: Over 3,000 windmills spinning in the desert just 10-20 minutes from town create an unreal backdrop with a bit of whimsy. No entrance fees!
- Palace of Fine Arts: Don’t miss one of the most iconic sights in San Francisco. Popular for proposals!
- Battery East: Unobstructed views of the Golden Gate Bridge!
Private & Quiet Places to Propose
Maybe you are looking for a more private & memorable engagement? Or would you prefer something simple yet creative? Choose one of the quiet places to propose in Europe, and you will not regret it.
- Windansea Beach: This beach in La Jolla has secluded shores and windswept bluffs – stunning at sunrise, but the sunsets are gorgeous!
- Scripps Pier: One of the best spots to take in San Diego’s picturesque coastline.
- Balboa Park: This park is home to green gardens and fun attractions, perfect for tiny travelers.
- Bakers Beach: The most popular photo spot in San Francisco! Go at sunset.
See Real California Proposals We Have Planned & Captured
California Proposal Ideas
You have probably already day-dreaming about the big moment, so get a block of paper and start brainstorming any California proposal ideas that come to mind. The first thing that you have to do is create the perfect scenario that you can turn into a reality while on vacation in California. Also, it’s good to write down what you think you should say and how you want the engagement to look. After sitting down and jotting down the best places to propose in California, go through the list and circle your top 3 California proposal ideas.
Try to fine-tune the ideas and reach out to anyone that may be able to help you with each specific plan; e.g. the restaurant manager, a group of musicians, or a local florist. With your top 3 California proposal ideas in mind, you’ll easily be able to narrow it down to your favorite after doing this last bit of research. Then all that is left is to pull it off to have a surprise that your spouse will remember for the rest of their life.
Should I hire a California proposal photographer for my engagement?
Adrenaline starts to rush the second you reach for the ring, and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with emotions… so much so, that some people can’t even remember their engagement moment. Hiring a photographer in California for your surprise proposal will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling. Capture it with a secret engagement photoshoot that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How much does a California proposal photographer cost?
High-resolution engagement photos are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. Choose between different photo packages in the best places to propose in California:
How to prepare for the engagement photoshoot?
Choose your engagement spot and the photographer will find a spot to stay hidden and capture the moment, paparazzi-style. Afterward, your secret proposal photographer will introduce themselves and you both can enjoy a fun photoshoot to capture the post-engagement glow.
How to find a California proposal photographer?
Local Lens has photographers in California that specialize in engagement photo shoots. Check out our list of all the best places to propose in California to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.