Cabo Proposal Ideas: Best Places for an Epic Engagement
Cabo is a popular place to propose – we help capture multiple engagements here per week! Coming up with great Cabo proposal ideas and planning the details may feel like a challenge… there are just so many beautiful places to choose from! But don’t let all the details overwhelm you. The most important thing is that your proposal reflects you both as a couple, no matter how casual or grandeur it is.
Whether your style is uber-romantic, unique and eccentric, or private and intimate, we have some great suggestions to help you pick the perfect (and most photogenic!) proposal spot. Below we list some of our favorite marriage proposal ideas, the best places to propose in Cabo San Lucas, as well as our tips on hiring a proposal photographer to capture it all.
- Cabo Proposal Ideas
- Best Places to Propose in Cabo
- How to Hire a Cabo Proposal Photographer
Cabo Proposal Ideas
We’ve helped so many couples just like you plan and capture this momentous occasion, so we’d like to think we have learned a thing or two along the way. Allow us to give you some pointers.
Your proposal moment is not the best time to wing it. You want your future fiance to feel like some serious thought went into it – it’s a big deal! You have probably already been stressing about the big moment, but take a deep breath and start with our 4 tips to pulling off the perfect Cabo proposal:
- Choose a special location. Our favorite places to propose in Cabo San Lucas are listed below! You have probably already daydreamed about the big moment, and it’s important to imagine the type of proposal you want to have – romantic, intimate, adventurous, unique, or casual. Most importantly, your proposal should reflect you both as a couple. Once you have your proposal vibe in mind, you can start thinking about locations.
- Ensuring that your proposal remains a complete surprise is all about having a solid backstory. If you are going somewhere you wouldn’t normally go, make sure you have a story in place to explain why you are going there.
- Consider hiring a secret proposal photographer to snap professional photos of the special moment. Tell your photographer all your proposal ideas and goals, and they can help you plan the location, where to stand, and the ideal time for the best photos. On the big day, your photographer can be ready at the designated spot to capture the moment, paparazzi-style. If your partner has no idea that the proposal is coming, you’ll capture all the joy, the tears, and most importantly, the yes!
- Practice getting down on one knee beforehand and think about what you will say. You don’t need to have your speech memorized, but spend a little time jotting down what you’d like to say. Stick to an idea, not a script. Of course, don’t forget to finish with: Will you marry me?
Best Places to Propose in Cabo
Choosing a gorgeous destination is a great way to start, so you are already on the right track! We see a lot of engagements every week and know the best places to propose in Cabo San Lucas. Check out our list below to start getting some Cabo proposal ideas.
The Arch, Land’s End
Perhaps the most iconic Cabo proposal spot, this stunning rock formation sits at the southern tip of the peninsula of Land’s End, showing off a beautiful doorway to the Pacific Ocean. It is locally known as “El Arco” and there are plenty of ways to make it to this spot (from private rentals to glass-bottom boats).
Separated by the Arch are Lover’s Beach and Divorce Beach. Lover’s Beach is small and cozy, backed by rock formations, and Divorce Beach is named for its rouge waves and rip tides.
Cabo Beach Proposal
Cabo is loved for its beautiful beaches, whether it is Medano Beach, Monumentos Beach, or the more dramatic Costa Azul Beach.
Playa El Medano, or Medano Beach, is the most popular beach area in Cabo San Lucas. The area is full of luxury high-rise resorts and has tons of palapa-covered restaurants and cantinas. It has calm ocean waves and breathtaking views of the Sea of Cortez.
The Baja Desert Dunes
Check out the Baja Desert where the dunes meet the Pacific ocean for unbelievable views of the mountain range.
Cabo Pulmo National Marine Park
Cabo Pulmo National Marine Park has been protected since 1995 and it is home to over 800 marine species. It’s the only live coral reef in the Gulf of California. It is considered the “Aquarium of the World”, so this would be the perfect spot for an underwater proposal.
Marina Cabo San Lucas is where you’ll find the best of Cabo nightlife. With bright lights, vibrant people, and tons of boats & yachts, the Cabo proposal opportunities are endless.
San Jose’s Gallery District
The charming town of San Jose del Cabo is definitely worth a visit with its colorful decorations, cobblestone streets, and beautiful architecture. On Thursday nights from November to June, the city’s Art Walk is in full swing, giving visitors a chance to see all the best art galleries in town.
This picturesque 25-acre farm is nestled in the foothills of the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains in San Jose del Cabo.
Private Cabo Proposal Spots
Maybe you are looking for more intimate Cabo engagement ideas? Or you may prefer something simple yet creative? Finding a proposal spot in Cabo San Lucas that is private, quiet, and intimate can be challenging, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Private picnic in a quiet area of the beach.
- Cater a private dinner and celebration at a luxury Airbnb.
- Rent a scooter, motorcycle, or maybe even a boat to cruise around until you find the perfect engagement spot.
- Book a private table at your restaurant of choice and get help from the staff to pull it off.
How to Hire a Cabo Proposal Photographer
The moment you reach for the ring, adrenaline and emotions start to kick in and you might not even remember the moment! Hiring a secret Cabo engagement photographer for your surprise engagement will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling, so it definitely deserves better than selfies! Capture it with Cabo proposal photography that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How does a proposal photoshoot work?
Before choosing a photographer, we recommend having some Cabo proposal ideas in mind first! There are two ways a proposal photoshoot usually happens:
- Hire the photographer for a “normal” photoshoot with your partner, but let the photographer in on your secret proposal plan! This is the best way to ensure the photographer captures the moment perfectly, usually at a closer distance and better positioned.
- The photographer can be waiting at the designated spot to secretly capture the moment, paparazzi-style. After the big moment, the photographer can introduce themselves and proceed to capture that post-engagement glow.
After your photo shoot is booked, you will be able to plan and coordinate with your photographer directly.
What’s included in a Cabo proposal package?
With every proposal photography package, you’ll get high-resolution engagement photos that are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. In your gallery, you will be able to see all the photos from your proposal photoshoot and get to download a certain number of your favorites, depending on your package. It also includes:
- one-on-one planning with your proposal photographer
- photos of the big moment and post-engagement
- private online gallery
- high-resolution photos that are professionally edited
- photos delivered within 5 days
How much does a Cabo engagement photographer cost?
We have photographers on our team that specialize in capturing proposals and engagement photoshoots. Check out our list of the best Cabo proposal photographers to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.
Below are our 3 different Cabo proposal packages & pricing: