London Proposal Ideas: Best Places for an Epic Engagement
London may not be the first romantic destination that comes to mind for a marriage proposal, but when you see photos of the proposals that we have captured here, the results are so beautiful! We have some great London proposal ideas to help you get started because planning a proposal can be so overwhelming… there are just so many beautiful places to choose from!
Whether your style is uber-romantic, unique and eccentric, or private and intimate, we have some great suggestions to help you pick the perfect (and most photogenic!) proposal spot. Below we list some of our favorite marriage proposal ideas, the best places to propose in London, as well as our tips on hiring a proposal photographer to capture it all.
- Tower Bridge
- South Bank
- Millenium Bridge
- Westminster Abbey
- Church of St. Dunstan in the East
- Private Places to Propose in London
London Proposal Ideas
We’ve helped so many couples just like you plan and capture this momentous occasion, so we’d like to think we have learned a thing or two along the way. Allow us to give you some pointers.
Your proposal moment is not the best time to wing it. You want your future fiance to feel like some serious thought went into it – it’s a big deal! You have probably already been stressing about the big moment, but take a deep breath and start with our 4 tips to pulling off the perfect London proposal:
- Choose a special location. Our favorite places to propose in London are listed below! You have probably already daydreamed about the big moment, and it’s important to imagine the type of proposal you want to have – romantic, intimate, adventurous, unique, or casual. Most importantly, your proposal should reflect you both as a couple. Once you have your proposal vibe in mind, you can start thinking about locations.
- Ensuring that your proposal remains a complete surprise is all about having a solid backstory. If you are going somewhere you wouldn’t normally go, make sure you have a story in place to explain why you are going there.
- Consider hiring a secret proposal photographer to snap professional photos of the special moment. Tell your photographer all your proposal ideas and goals, and they can help you plan the location, where to stand, and the ideal time for the best photos. On the big day, your photographer can be ready at the designated spot to capture the moment, paparazzi-style. If your partner has no idea that the proposal is coming, you’ll capture all the joy, the tears, and most importantly, the yes!
- Practice getting down on one knee beforehand and think about what you will say. You don’t need to have your speech memorized, but spend a little time jotting down what you’d like to say. Stick to an idea, not a script. Of course, don’t forget to finish with: Will you marry me?
Best Places to Propose in London
Choosing a gorgeous destination is a great way to start, so you are already on the right track! We see a lot of engagements every week and know the best places to propose in London. Check out our list below to start getting some London proposal ideas.
Tower bridge is considered by many people to be London’s most iconic landmark. Our favorite place to propose by the Tower bridge is next to the Dolphin statue on the St Katharine’s walk.
Another iconic London proposal idea would be to pop the question inside a private capsule of the London Eye with 360° moving views from the heart of the city. To celebrate the momentous occasion, crack open a bottle of champagne and enjoy a romantic sunset over the city! See our London proposal packages below.
Bend the knee with the view of St Paul’s Cathedral from Millennium Bridge for an iconic London proposal idea.
It is hard to find a place more romantic for a London proposal than Westminster Abbey. It’s where the royals come to marry and be coronated. It’s also the final resting place for some of England’s greatest poets and heroes.
Church of St. Dunstan in the East
St Dunstan in the East is set within the ruins of a Wren church. It has been overrun by plants and is now an enchanting public park which makes for a truly unique London proposal idea.
Private Places to Propose in London
Maybe you are looking for more intimate London engagement ideas? Or you may prefer something simple yet creative? Finding a proposal spot in London that is private, quiet, and intimate can be challenging, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Private picnic in a quiet area of a park.
- Cater a private dinner and celebration at a luxury Airbnb.
- Book a private table at your restaurant of choice and get help from the staff to pull it off.
How to Hire a London Proposal Photographer
The moment you reach for the ring, adrenaline and emotions start to kick in and you might not even remember the moment! Hiring a secret London proposal photographer for your surprise engagement will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling, so it definitely deserves better than selfies! Capture it with London proposal photography that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How does a proposal photoshoot work?
Before choosing a photographer, we recommend having some London proposal ideas in mind first! There are two ways a proposal photoshoot usually happens:
- Hire the photographer for a “normal” photoshoot with your partner, but let the photographer in on your secret proposal plan! This is the best way to ensure the photographer captures the moment perfectly, usually at a closer distance and better positioned.
- The photographer can be waiting at the designated spot to secretly capture the moment, paparazzi-style. After the big moment, the photographer can introduce themselves and proceed to capture that post-engagement glow.
After your photo shoot is booked, you will be able to plan and coordinate with your photographer directly.
What’s included in a London proposal package?
With every proposal photography package, you’ll get high-resolution engagement photos that are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. In your gallery, you will be able to see all the photos from your proposal photoshoot and get to download a certain number of your favorites, depending on your package. It also includes:
- one-on-one planning with your proposal photographer
- photos of the big moment and post-engagement
- private online gallery
- high-resolution photos that are professionally edited
- photos delivered within 5 days
How much does a London proposal photographer cost?
We have photographers on our team that specialize in capturing proposals and engagement photoshoots. Check out our list of the best London proposal photographers to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.
Below are our 3 different London proposal packages & pricing: