Bahamas Proposal Ideas: Best Places for an Epic Nassau Engagement
Bahamas is a popular place to propose – we help capture multiple engagements here per week! Coming up with great Bahamas proposal ideas and planning the details may feel like a challenge… there are just so many beautiful places to choose from! But don’t let all the details overwhelm you. The most important thing is that your proposal reflects you both as a couple, no matter how casual or grandeur it is.
Whether your style is uber-romantic, unique and eccentric, or private and intimate, we have some great suggestions to help you pick the perfect (and most photogenic!) proposal spot. Below we list some of our favorite Nassau proposal ideas, the best places to propose in the Bahamas, as well as our tips on hiring a proposal photographer to capture it all.
- Bahamas Proposal Ideas
- Best Places to Propose in Bahamas
- How to Hire a Bahamas Proposal Photographer
Bahamas Proposal Ideas
We’ve helped so many couples just like you plan and capture this momentous occasion, so we’d like to think we have learned a thing or two along the way. Allow us to give you some pointers.
Your proposal moment is not the best time to wing it. You want your future fiance to feel like some serious thought went into it – it’s a big deal! You have probably already been stressing about the big moment, but take a deep breath and start with our 4 tips to pulling off the perfect Bahamas proposal:
- Choose a special location. Our favorite places to propose in Bahamas are listed below! You have probably already daydreamed about the big moment, and it’s important to imagine the type of proposal you want to have – romantic, intimate, adventurous, unique, or casual. Most importantly, your proposal should reflect you both as a couple. Once you have your proposal vibe in mind, you can start thinking about locations.
- Ensuring that your proposal remains a complete surprise is all about having a solid backstory. If you are going somewhere you wouldn’t normally go, make sure you have a story in place to explain why you are going there.
- Consider hiring a secret proposal photographer to snap professional photos of the special moment. Tell your photographer all your proposal ideas and goals, and they can help you plan the location, where to stand, and the ideal time for the best photos. On the big day, your photographer can be ready at the designated spot to capture the moment, paparazzi-style. If your partner has no idea that the proposal is coming, you’ll capture all the joy, the tears, and most importantly, the yes!
- Practice getting down on one knee beforehand and think about what you will say. You don’t need to have your speech memorized, but spend a little time jotting down what you’d like to say. Stick to an idea, not a script. Of course, don’t forget to finish with: Will you marry me?
Best Places to Propose in Bahamas
Choosing a gorgeous destination is a great way to start, so you are already on the right track! We see a lot of engagements every week and know the best places to propose in Bahamas. Check out our list below to start getting some Bahamas proposal ideas.
Versailles Gardens and French Cloister
The Cloisters is the most beautiful architectural surprise in Nassau. This was part of a 12th-century monastery for Augustinian monks from southwestern France, and now it stands in beautiful ruin. It’s a historical place that combines tropical vibes with European architecture for a truly unique and romantic proposal location. The best part, it’s right off of the beach!
Cross the little bridge that overlooks Governors Harbour to the aptly named Cupid’s Cay. It’s a great spot!
Sandyport Beach Gazebo
Take a stroll along Sandyport Beach to make your way to the white wooden gazebo pier at Sandyport Resort.
Mount Alvernia Hermitage
Propose at the highest point in The Bahamas at a whopping 206 feet! Climb up the rough staircase that is built into the hill to reach this Italian-style monastery with amazing views!
Looking for ways to propose on the beach? It’s hard to not imagine a gorgeous Bahamas proposal in the sand. But where to go to get a slice of paradise to yourselves?
For the best views and a little privacy, hop in a cab and head to Caves beach or Jaws beach at any time of day. Cove beach will have a bit more people but is a beautiful option after 4 pm. Pack a picnic and some bubbly, then head out to one of these beaches with breath-taking sunsets and turquoise waters.
Pink sand… must I say more? There are miles and miles of secluded beaches at Governors Harbour. Located on the Atlantic side of this island, it is the perfect way to pop the question in a more private setting.
Make a reservation and ask the cafe to set up a little atmosphere with a candlelight meal during sunset. Their customer service is second to none, so I am sure they will help you out any way they can. The best spot is the courtyard with bistro lights and white table cloths. Simply drop your fork “accidentally” and the rest will be history!
The Lighthouse in Inagua
This remote lighthouse is more than 150 years old and you can see as far as Cuba on a clear day. Inagua is also the bird-watching capital of the Bahamas with over 80,000 flamingos and 140 other species of birds.
Private Places to Propose in Bahamas
Maybe you are looking for more intimate Bahamas engagement ideas? Or you may prefer something simple yet creative? Finding a proposal spot in Bahamas that is private, quiet, and intimate can be challenging, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Private picnic in a quiet area of a park.
- Cater a private dinner and celebration at a luxury Airbnb.
- Rent a scooter, motorcycle, or maybe even a boat to cruise around until you find the perfect engagement spot.
- Book a private table at your restaurant of choice and get help from the staff to pull it off.
How to Hire a Bahamas Proposal Photographer
The moment you reach for the ring, adrenaline and emotions start to kick in and you might not even remember the moment! Hiring a secret Bahamas proposal photographer for your surprise engagement will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling, so it definitely deserves better than selfies! Capture it with Bahamas proposal photography that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How does a proposal photoshoot work?
Before choosing a photographer, we recommend having some Bahamas proposal ideas in mind first! There are two ways a proposal photoshoot usually happens:
- Hire the photographer for a “normal” photoshoot with your partner, but let the photographer in on your secret proposal plan! This is the best way to ensure the photographer captures the moment perfectly, usually at a closer distance and better positioned.
- The photographer can be waiting at the designated spot to secretly capture the moment, paparazzi-style. After the big moment, the photographer can introduce themselves and proceed to capture that post-engagement glow.
After your photo shoot is booked, you will be able to plan and coordinate with your photographer directly.
What’s included in a Bahamas proposal package?
With every proposal photography package, you’ll get high-resolution engagement photos that are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. In your gallery, you will be able to see all the photos from your proposal photoshoot and get to download a certain number of your favorites, depending on your package. It also includes:
- one-on-one planning with your proposal photographer
- photos of the big moment and post-engagement
- private online gallery
- high-resolution photos that are professionally edited
- photos delivered within 5 days
How much does a Bahamas proposal photographer cost?
We have photographers on our team that specialize in capturing proposals and engagement photoshoots. Check out our list of the best Bahamas proposal photographers to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.
Below are our 3 different Bahamas proposal packages & pricing: