Miami Proposal Ideas: Best Places for an Epic Engagement
Miami is a great place to propose because there are so many various options! Whether you like the beach, urban graffiti, rooftops, boats, or tropical gardens, there is definitely a spot to propose in Miami that can suit any couple’s personal style. However, coming up with great Miami proposal ideas and planning the details may feel like a challenge… there are just so many beautiful places to choose from! But don’t let all the details overwhelm you. The most important thing is that your proposal reflects you both as a couple, no matter how casual or grandeur it is.
Whether your style is uber-romantic, unique and eccentric, or private and intimate, we have some great suggestions to help you pick the perfect (and most photogenic!) proposal spot. Below we list some of our favorite marriage proposal ideas, the best places to propose in Miami, as well as our tips on hiring a proposal photographer to capture it all.
- Fairchild Tropical Gardens
- Bayfront Park
- Private Boat Proposal
- Vizcaya Proposal: Museum & Gardens
- Outdoor Proposal Spots
- Miami Restaurant Proposal
- Rooftop Proposal in Miami
- Private Places to Propose in Miami
Miami Proposal Ideas
We’ve helped so many couples just like you plan and capture this momentous occasion, so we’d like to think we have learned a thing or two along the way. Allow us to give you some pointers.
Your proposal moment is not the best time to wing it. You want your future fiance to feel like some serious thought went into it – it’s a big deal! You have probably already been stressing about the big moment, but take a deep breath and start with our 4 tips to pulling off the perfect Miami proposal:
- Choose a special location. Our favorite places to propose in Miami are listed below! You have probably already daydreamed about the big moment, and it’s important to imagine the type of proposal you want to have – romantic, intimate, adventurous, unique, or casual. Most importantly, your proposal should reflect you both as a couple. Once you have your proposal vibe in mind, you can start thinking about locations.
- Ensuring that your proposal remains a complete surprise is all about having a solid backstory. If you are going somewhere you wouldn’t normally go, make sure you have a story in place to explain why you are going there.
- Consider hiring a secret proposal photographer to snap professional photos of the special moment. Tell your photographer all your proposal ideas and goals, and they can help you plan the location, where to stand, and the ideal time for the best photos. On the big day, your photographer can be ready at the designated spot to capture the moment, paparazzi-style. If your partner has no idea that the proposal is coming, you’ll capture all the joy, the tears, and most importantly, the yes!
- Practice getting down on one knee beforehand and think about what you will say. You don’t need to have your speech memorized, but spend a little time jotting down what you’d like to say. Stick to an idea, not a script. Of course, don’t forget to finish with: Will you marry me?
Best Places to Propose in Miami
Before diving in and making any reservations or purchasing any tickets, think about what your future partner for life loves and what kind of engagement would be a perfect fit for you both. Is it something in public or with friends and family around? Is it something charming and casual like a picnic under a huge tree? Or is it something grand like a private helicopter or boat tour?
Choosing a gorgeous destination is a great way to start, so you are already on the right track! From glamorous restaurants, charming green spaces, and epic viewpoints, it’s easy to come up with some great ideas. We see a lot of engagements every week and know the best places to propose in Miami. Check out our list below to start getting some Miami proposal ideas.
Fairchild Tropical Gardens
If your loved one is fond of flowers and nature, your ideal proposal spot could be Fairchild Tropical Gardens. Tons of beautiful plants and a butterfly exhibit make this green paradise one of the best engagement photo locations with many quiet areas to choose from for dropping down on one knee!
This park spans 32 acres in the heart of Downtown and sits right on Biscayne Bay, making it one of the best viewpoints and a great place to propose in Miami! Given its prime location, it is surrounded by some of the city’s most iconic sites like American Airlines Arena, Freedom Tower, Bayside Marketplace, and the Maurice A. Ferre Park. The whole area is pedestrian-friendly, and these spots are all within walking distance. The latest attraction is the Skyviews Miami Observation Wheel, a giant Ferris wheel with enclosed gondolas that rise nearly 200 feet above Bayside Marketplace, offering amazing views… this could be another great Miami proposal idea!
Private Boat Proposal
Rent a boat for the day to cruise around Miami. At sunset, ask the driver to find some calm waters so you can get on one knee and ask the big question for an epic Miami engagement!
Vizcaya Proposal: Museum & Gardens
Enchanting gardens, vine-covered gazebos, and water-front terraces… what more can you ask for in a proposal spot? The villa sparkles with lights and lush gardens to ask the one you love to marry you under the light of the moon.
To have it all captured by a Miami proposal photographer, there is a $250 photo permit required to take photos at Vizcaya.
Outdoor Proposal Spots
A great way to have a charming and memorable proposal is to plan a picnic to a scenic location and pop the question. Pack a bag with some wine, cheese, and some of your love’s favorite foods. Pick a time of day that is comfortable, like just before sunset.
- Bal Harbour Beach – This beach is the 18th most Instagrammed beach in the world for a reason!
- Alice Wainwright Park – This park is a hidden jewel with a bayside view.
- The Barnacle Historic State Park – This park is a hidden refuge in the city and hosts outdoor concerts!
- Lummus Park – We love the beach here for a surprise proposal in Miami. There are tons of pathways and towering palm trees with a backdrop of the city skyline. It makes for incredible photos!
- Schnebly Redland’s Winery – Though not really a garden, this winery is worth the trip out of the city for the tasting experience and vineyard exploring. Taste some wine, go for a walk, and find a nice quiet place to pop the question!
Miami Restaurant Proposal
Dinner proposals can be fun! It’s a great idea to combine dinner with another activity, like a photoshoot or a visit to a landmark or attraction. Make sure you make a reservation and ask for a great table! Many restaurants will do something special if you are proposing. If you are thinking of hiring a proposal photographer for your romantic dinner proposal, it is best to do the photoshoot before dinner. It can be tough for a photographer to squeeze into a restaurant, and you want to make sure you are able to make your reservation without any delays.
We personally love Juvia restaurant for a Miami restaurant proposal idea! You have a 360-degree view of the city. Try to time your proposal for sunset. The Edge at the Four Seasons is another great option.
Rooftop Proposal in Miami
If you are looking to pop the question with some altitude, you may want to pull off a rooftop proposal in Miami. The best way to guarantee a private proposal is to book a room or hotel with a private terrace or rooftop. This way, you’ll have exclusive access and you can propose on your schedule.
Private Places to Propose in Miami
Maybe you are looking for more intimate Miami engagement ideas? Or you may prefer something simple yet creative? Finding a proposal spot in Miami that is private, quiet, and intimate can be challenging, but here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Private picnic in a quiet area of a park.
- Cater a private dinner and celebration at a luxury Airbnb.
- Rent a scooter, motorcycle, or maybe even a boat to cruise around until you find the perfect engagement spot.
- Book a private table at your restaurant of choice and get help from the staff to pull it off.
- Private helicopter tours in Miami
How to Hire a Miami Proposal Photographer
The moment you reach for the ring, adrenaline and emotions start to kick in and you might not even remember the moment! Hiring a secret Miami proposal photographer for your surprise engagement will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling, so it definitely deserves better than selfies! Capture it with Miami proposal photography that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How does a proposal photoshoot work?
Before choosing a photographer, we recommend having some Miami proposal ideas in mind first! There are two ways a proposal photoshoot usually happens:
- Hire the photographer for a “normal” photoshoot with your partner, but let the photographer in on your secret proposal plan! This is the best way to ensure the photographer captures the moment perfectly, usually at a closer distance and better positioned.
- The photographer can be waiting at the designated spot to secretly capture the moment, paparazzi-style. After the big moment, the photographer can introduce themselves and proceed to capture that post-engagement glow.
After your photo shoot is booked, you will be able to plan and coordinate with your photographer directly.
What’s included in a Miami proposal package?
With every proposal photography package, you’ll get high-resolution engagement photos that are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. In your gallery, you will be able to see all the photos from your proposal photoshoot and get to download a certain number of your favorites, depending on your package. It also includes:
- one-on-one planning with your proposal photographer
- photos of the big moment and post-engagement
- private online gallery
- high-resolution photos that are professionally edited
- photos delivered within 5 days
How much does a Miami proposal photographer cost?
We have photographers on our team that specialize in capturing proposals and engagement photoshoots. Check out our list of the best Miami proposal photographers to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.
Below are our 3 different Miami proposal packages & pricing: