Las Vegas Proposal Ideas: Best Places for an Epic Engagement
Las Vegas is a popular place to propose – we help capture multiple engagements here per week! Coming up with great Las Vegas proposal ideas and planning the details may feel like a challenge… there are just so many beautiful places to choose from! But don’t let all the details overwhelm you. The most important thing is that your proposal reflects you both as a couple, no matter how casual or grandeur it is.
Whether your style is uber-romantic, unique and eccentric, or private and intimate, we have some great suggestions to help you pick the perfect (and most photogenic!) proposal spot. Below we list some of our favorite marriage proposal ideas, the best places to propose in Las Vegas, as well as our tips on hiring a proposal photographer to capture it all.
- Las Vegas Proposal Ideas
- Best Places to Propose in Las Vegas
- How to Hire a Las Vegas Proposal Photographer
Las Vegas Proposal Ideas
We’ve helped so many couples just like you plan and capture this momentous occasion, so we’d like to think we have learned a thing or two along the way. Allow us to give you some pointers.
Your proposal moment is not the best time to wing it. You want your future fiance to feel like some serious thought went into it – it’s a big deal! You have probably already been stressing about the big moment, but take a deep breath and start with our 4 tips to pulling off the perfect Las Vegas proposal:
- Choose a special location. Our favorite places to propose in Las Vegas are listed below! You have probably already daydreamed about the big moment, and it’s important to imagine the type of proposal you want to have – romantic, intimate, adventurous, unique, or casual. Most importantly, your proposal should reflect you both as a couple. Once you have your proposal vibe in mind, you can start thinking about locations.
- Ensuring that your proposal remains a complete surprise is all about having a solid backstory. If you are going somewhere you wouldn’t normally go, make sure you have a story in place to explain why you are going there.
- Consider hiring a secret proposal photographer to snap professional photos of the special moment. Tell your photographer all your proposal ideas and goals, and they can help you plan the location, where to stand, and the ideal time for the best photos. On the big day, your photographer can be ready at the designated spot to capture the moment, paparazzi-style. If your partner has no idea that the proposal is coming, you’ll capture all the joy, the tears, and most importantly, the yes!
- Practice getting down on one knee beforehand and think about what you will say. You don’t need to have your speech memorized, but spend a little time jotting down what you’d like to say. Stick to an idea, not a script. Of course, don’t forget to finish with: Will you marry me?
Best Places to Propose in Las Vegas
Choosing a gorgeous destination is a great way to start, so you are already on the right track! We see a lot of engagements every week and know the best places to propose in Las Vegas. Check out our list below to start getting some Las Vegas proposal ideas.
Bellagio Fountain & Strip
Bellagio Fountains are perfect for a surprise proposal. The views of the Bellagio fountains and the Eiffel Tower are iconic and romantic backdrops. We highly recommend starting around 1 hour before sunset time for the best even lighting (during the golden hour!).
“Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” Sign
The palm trees and the hotel in the back make this a great spot to capture the atmosphere of the city in one shot.
The Trevi Fountain at Caesars Palace
Caesars Palace is one of Las Vegas’s largest and best-known landmarks. Drop a coin into the Trevi Fountain, and maybe a ring from your pocket! It is a replica of the iconic Roman monument that stands on Las Vegas Blvd in front of the entrance to the Forum Shoppes.
They actually allow professional photographers onto the property if you are staying at the hotel, so consider hiring a professional to capture your epic engagement!
Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck at the Paris Hotel
The Eiffel Tower replica is half the size of the real Eiffel Tower in Paris , but other than that it looks exactly the same!
EL Dorado Dry Lake Bed
El Dorado Dry Lake Bed is something truly magical:
Nelson Ghost Town
Nelson Ghost Town has the oldest, richest, and most famous gold mine in Southern Nevada, located only 45 minutes from Las Vegas. If you’re looking for a unique backdrop to your Las Vegas proposal, it is a great engagement spot. There aren’t many places that stand still in time like this one.
Little White Wedding Chapel
A Little White Wedding Chapel is one of the most famous marriage spots in town, where people like Frank Sinatra, Michael Jordan, and Bruce Willis all got married. Pull off a Las Vegas proposal, then maybe get married right there in the moment!
The Neon Museum
The Neon Museum pays tribute to the Las Vegas light show. The 2-acre outdoor exhibit is home to more than 200 pieces of old Vegas signage. It’s full of color and makes for a unique retro Las Vegas proposal.
Downtown Arts District & Murals
When you think of Las Vegas, you may not think of it as a city with a cool street art scene. The Downtown Arts District is another unique urban spot for a Las Vegas proposal with wall murals and outdoor art pieces. It is located just east of Fremont Street and features a trove of colorful murals and graffiti.
Our favorite places to propose here are during a Gondola Ride in the Venetian Canal or throughout the Grand Colonnade with the spectacular ceiling! There’s also a Spanish Steps Bar which has, you guessed it, a replica of the Spanish Steps.
Seven Magic Mountains
It is unlike anything else in the city. The contrast between the dry beige desert and the colorful blocks makes it a very unique Las Vegas proposal spot.
How to Hire a Las Vegas Proposal Photographer
The moment you reach for the ring, adrenaline and emotions start to kick in and you might not even remember the moment! Hiring a secret Las Vegas proposal photographer for your surprise engagement will allow you to capture and relive that moment again and again.
Your marriage proposal is a story you will never tire of telling, so it definitely deserves better than selfies! Capture it with Las Vegas proposal photography that you’ll look back on for years to come.
How does a proposal photoshoot work?
Before choosing a photographer, we recommend having some Las Vegas proposal ideas in mind first! There are two ways a proposal photoshoot usually happens:
- Hire the photographer for a “normal” photoshoot with your partner, but let the photographer in on your secret proposal plan! This is the best way to ensure the photographer captures the moment perfectly, usually at a closer distance and better positioned.
- The photographer can be waiting at the designated spot to secretly capture the moment, paparazzi-style. After the big moment, the photographer can introduce themselves and proceed to capture that post-engagement glow.
After your photo shoot is booked, you will be able to plan and coordinate with your photographer directly.
What’s included in a Las Vegas proposal package?
With every proposal photography package, you’ll get high-resolution engagement photos that are professionally edited and delivered by email in a private online gallery within 5 business days. In your gallery, you will be able to see all the photos from your proposal photoshoot and get to download a certain number of your favorites, depending on your package. It also includes:
- one-on-one planning with your proposal photographer
- photos of the big moment and post-engagement
- private online gallery
- high-resolution photos that are professionally edited
- photos delivered within 5 days
How much does a Las Vegas proposal photographer cost?
We have photographers on our team that specialize in capturing proposals and engagement photoshoots. Check out our list of the best Las Vegas proposal photographers to see pricing, compare portfolios, read customer reviews, and check date availability.
Below are our 3 different Las Vegas proposal packages & pricing: